B.D.A. is dedicated to the training of dancers in Classical Ballet, Jazz, Lyrical, Tap, Stage,
Modern, Acro and Hip Hop, with the main focus on ballet as it is the basis of all dance. The ballet curriculum follows the syllabi of the Royal Academy of Dance, with yearly examinations for students aged seven years and older.
It is our aim to encourage and help each student in doing their very best and to achieve their goals, to develop poise, confidence, discipline as well as a love for the art of dance.
Our faculty : Members of the faculty are Sharon Boswell, Lacey Clarke, Kathryn Carlberg, Michelle Bedry, Bryanna Jang, Tristan Ranford, Samantha Block, Emma Best, and Willow Chown.
Regulations & Policy
- All students must previously register before attending a class.
- The first lesson of any seasonal quarter attended constitutes a contractual agreement of full non-refundable fees for that quarter.
- Fees are to be paid quarterly in advance on the prescribed dates — Late fees of $10/week apply. $20 charge on returned cheques.
- The school term is a ten month season from September to June with statutory holidays, Christmas and Easter vacations being observed in keeping with the public school system.
- During the season, teachers will only accept money or cheques in a sealed envelope with the student’s name on it and addressed to the academy.
- Payments by set deadline are required when paying for the following items:
- Tuition Fees
- Examination Fees
- Competition Fees
- Costume Fees
- Boswell Dance Academy is not liable for any accidents / injuries occuring on its premises.
- The academy is not responsible for valuables or money left in the dressing rooms. Such articles should be taken into the studio with the student.
- The school must be informed if students are attending dance classes at another studio, to avoid conflicting rehearsal/performance schedules and teaching methods.
- The school reserves the right to remove any student who fails to comply with these regulations.
- Upon registration, the parent or guardian signs an enrollment form subject to the preceding conditions.
Registration fee is $25.00 per student annually. Additional $10 per sibling. Tuition fees plus 5% GST to be paid quarterly or monthly.
For current fees, please email or contact office or refer to the fee chart enclosed in enrolment package.
Please take note of the quarterly payment dates as tuition bills are not sent. Late charges of $10/week will apply to overdue fees*.
Quarterly Payment Dates
- September at time of registration
- November 15th
- February 1st
- April 15th
* Preferred method of payment – post-dated cheques paid at registration time for September, November, February and April fees, with the understanding that should the student discontinue during the season, remaining cheques would be returned. Debit available at studio office & E-transfers via email are also accepted.