Now in our 28th Year, Boswell Dance continues its excellence, providing fine training to dancers in Classical Ballet, Jazz, Lyrical, Tap, Stage, Modern, Acro and Hip Hop, with the main focus on ballet as it is the basis of all dance. The ballet curriculum follows the syllabi of the Royal Academy of Dance, with yearly examinations for Grade 1 – Advanced 2.
It is our aim to encourage and help each student in doing their very best and to achieve their goals, to develop poise, confidence, discipline as well as a love for the art of dance.
Meet our faculty! – Sharon Boswell, Kathryn Carlberg, Michelle Bedry, Steven Do, Emma Best, Lynea Fung, Amanda Hodges & Sarah Badley.
Regulations & Policy
- All students must previously register before attending any classes.
- The first lesson of any seasonal quarter attended constitutes a contractual agreement of full non-refundable fees for that quarter.
- Tuition Fees are to be paid quarterly in advance on the prescribed dates – Late fees of $10 apply to overdue fees past a week late. $20 charge on any returned/NSF cheques. Overdue accounts past 30 days are subject to further interest charges of 2% per month, 24% (APR) per annum.
- The school term is a ten month season from September (season commences the first Monday after Labour Day) to end of June (Showtime Sunday is last day) with statutory holidays, Christmas and Easter vacations being observed in keeping with the public school system. (Exceptions may apply for Competitive Team Rehearsals.)
- Payments by set deadlines are required when paying for the following items:
- Tuition Fees
- Examination Fees
- Competition Fees
- Costume Fees
- Boswell Dance Academy is not liable for any accidents / injuries on its premises. An activity waiver clause must be signed by parent upon enrolment.
- The academy is not responsible for valuables or money left in the dressing rooms. Such articles should be taken into the studio with the student.
- The academy must be informed if students are attending dance classes at another studio, to avoid conflicting rehearsal/performance schedules and teaching methods.
- The academy reserves the right to remove any student who fails to comply with these regulations.
- Upon registration, the parent or guardian signs an enrolment form subject to all preceding conditions as stated above.
Registration fee is $25.00 per student annually. Additional $10 per sibling. Tuition fees plus 5% GST to be paid quarterly or monthly.
For current fees, please contact office by email or refer to the fee chart enclosed in the enrolment package sent home with your dancer each May.
Please take note of the quarterly payment dates as tuition bills are not sent. Late charges of $10 will apply to overdue fees past a week late. Overdue accounts past 30 days are also subject to interest charges of 2% per month or 24% (APR) per annum.
Quarterly Payment Dates
- September 1st or at time of registration
- November 15th
- February 1st
- April 15th
* Preferred methods of payment – E transfers or 4 post-dated cheques submitted at registration time for September, November, February and April fees, with the understanding that should the student discontinue during the season, remaining cheques would be returned.